General Forum (1,051)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Airsealing & Termites

I'm having crazy thoughts. Help me out here. I live in a termite area. A friend of mine just got a quote for about $3K to tent their hou…

Started by Blake Reid

2 Nov 5
Reply by Blake Reid

Cost to replace a boiler for 210 units building

I am living in a building. It has 15 floors and 215 units. About 1000 individuals live in this building What size of boiler is required for…

Started by Jignesh

2 Nov 5
Reply by Allan P Fisher

Industrial and Residential Energy Performance Tools

Hello Everyone, I'm in search of an online tool for Industrial Energy Performance Assessment, please let me know if such open source tools…

Started by PRASHANT DARADE

0 Oct 31

Mini Split Heat Pumps

Does anyone have experience with some of the new low cost Mini Split Heat Pumps now available for under $1,000 for a 9,000 Btu unit?  Build…

Started by James McGarvey

26 Oct 30
Reply by Franco Oyuela

How do you leverage incentives to sell?

So… knowing that incentive programs and rebates are often not a primary driver of home performance sales... I’m curious how contractors HAV…

Started by Coby Rudolph

3 Oct 30
Reply by Jesse Smith

Fresh air vent

One of my builders have decided to add fresh air vent to his houses. Houses are in Oklahoma with high moisture content air and hot/warm sum…

Started by Benny Saroukhani

14 Oct 29
Reply by Franco Oyuela

Smart Home Report

Are homes getting smart enough to tell us how to make them more efficient? Check out the HPC Smart Home Report: Redefining Home Performanc…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

0 Oct 26

Spray Foam vs. Fiberglass - R-value only?

While fully wanting to have the most thermal barrier I can have, should I believe Rem/Rate when it tells me that R-value does so little? By…

Started by Jamie Kaye

28 Oct 25
Reply by Michael J. Mayhew

Why is Air Sealing Important?

Hello guys, Tell me, Why is Air Sealing Important? Share your views. Why is Air Sealing Important?

Started by Cameron Home Insulation

9 Oct 23
Reply by John White

Tour 2 IL New Built Homes - 1 LEED Silver - 1 Zero Energy Ready

During the IL Green Built Home Tour, we looked at 2 homes right down the road from each other to check out sustainable design in action in…

Started by Brett Little

0 Oct 18

RSS

Forum Discussions

When can an oversized A/C be a good thing?

Started by David Byrnes in General Forum. Last reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire on Saturday. 6 Replies

Surprise loads

Started by Evan Mills in General Forum. Last reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire on Thursday. 4 Replies

Blower door test for small apartment building

Started by Jerry Needham in General Forum. Last reply by Daniel Baur-McGuire on Thursday. 19 Replies

Learning Thermostat

Started by Classic Residential, Inc. in General Forum. Last reply by Franco Oyuela on Wednesday. 34 Replies

Latest Activity

Building Performance Institute posted a status
"BPI is pleased to announce the promotion of Nancy Kaplan to Director of Workforce Development. Read more: https://bit.ly/2G7lrxC"
17 minutes ago
"BPI is pleased to announce the promotion of Nancy Kaplan to Director of Workforce Development. Read more: bit.ly/2G7lrxC"
17 minutes ago
"BPI is pleased to announce the promotion of Nancy Kaplan to Director of Workforce Development. Read more: https://bit.ly/2G7lrxC"
18 minutes ago
Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to David Byrnes's discussion When can an oversized A/C be a good thing?
"Thanks for the clarification. I was in PHX last week at a Construction Instruction class (those…"
Saturday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to David Byrnes's discussion When can an oversized A/C be a good thing?
"FYI - APS / SRP basically means Phoenix, AZ with no humidity except for after a monsoon blows…"
Saturday
Profile IconEamon Geary, Zach Colton, Jason Beery and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros Forum
Friday
Daniel Baur-McGuire replied to Evan Mills's discussion Surprise loads
"Yeah I was just playing around with it. And my jaw dropped when I took a photo of my PS4 I had been…"
Thursday
Paul Holder replied to doug Redburn's discussion Infiltec blower door for sale $500 in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"I'm' interested. Can you send me pictures. paulholder@mrchillac.com"
Thursday

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service