General Forum (1,041)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

It is time for government programs to end. They become monopolies that block market solutions.

Sent to Chairman Simpson, Ranking Member Kaptur, Chairman Alexander, and Ranking Member Feinstein Dear Representatives on the DOE committe…

Started by tedkidd

1 Oct 3
Reply by Michael Dunseith

Condensation on ceiling and walls of master bedroom

Posted on wrong thing first time.  Have cust who claims to have condensation on ceiling in summer time.  has 2 ac... has approx 3,000 sf tw…

Started by Jerry Needham

11 Oct 3
Reply by Michael Dunseith

Check it out! The video every HVAC contractor should see.

Here’s an inside look at incorporating home performance into your HVAC business from two of the industry's leading contractors. Learn how s…

Started by Mike Kandel

2 Oct 2
Reply by Franco Oyuela

Funky Smell in Ductwork

Hello all, I performed an audit the other day and one of the homeowners' largest concerns was a funky smell in the ducts that serve the up…

Started by Patrick Michaelyan

16 Oct 2
Reply by John White

Insulation touches underside of roof in home with no soffit or soffit venting.

I performed an assessment for a recent home buyer and the home inspector they hired when they purchased the home said the fiberglass insula…

Started by John Carton

15 Oct 1
Reply by Mark Furst

Chris Dorsi interview on Building HVAC Science

Building HVAC Science podcast interviews Chris Dorsi, University of Montana instructor and founder of Habitat X: Building a thoughtful home…

Started by Diane Chojnowski

1 Sep 28
Reply by John White

Pittsburgh Solar Tour

2018 Pittsburgh Solar Tour from Annie Regan on Vimeo. Live in Pittsburgh and thinking about going solar? Sign up for the annual Pittsbur…

Started by Anne Regan

0 Sep 27

Mini split air conditioners and ceiling fans

We just had 2 mini split air conditioners put in our home, which previously did not have air conditioning.  We have ceiling fans in every r…

Started by Beverly Lerch

13 Sep 20
Reply by Beverly Lerch

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except this and this). I'm curious to hear what experi…

Started by Tom Conlon

77 Sep 10
Reply by John White

Fresh air vent

One of my builders have decided to add fresh air vent to his houses. Houses are in Oklahoma with high moisture content air and hot/warm sum…

Started by Benny Saroukhani

13 Sep 10
Reply by John White

RSS

Latest Activity

John White posted a blog post
33 minutes ago
Profile IconChristina Mathieson, Sophia Jones and Nancy Hawkins joined Home Energy Pros Forum
yesterday
Brett Little posted an event
Thumbnail

Duct Optimization and Performance - Free CE Webinar at Webinar Online

October 31, 2018 from 12pm to 1:15pm
Good indoor air starts with proper duct design and installation. In residential ventilation…See More
Friday
John Nicholas replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Thank You, Colin!  Those are very good points and processes to do some Zone Pressure…"
Friday
Colin Genge replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"The way we'd normally do this is to mount one blower door in the hallway, then a duct tester…"
Friday
Scott Katznelson replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Most of the work I do is retrofit of older buildings. Marriage wall leakage is often significant,…"
Thursday
John Nicholas replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Scott Katznelson   In 2013,  I had my HERS Field Review completed on a multi-family…"
Thursday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"Sorry but LMAO - one blower door for that small of a space gives you an accurate number for the…"
Thursday
Chris Davis posted a blog post
Thursday
Scott Katznelson replied to Jerry Needham's discussion Blower door test for small apartment building
"The most accurate way to accomplish this is to have 4 blower doors running at the same time, one…"
Thursday
Brett Little posted a discussion

Tour 2 IL New Built Homes - 1 LEED Silver - 1 Zero Energy Ready

During the IL Green Built Home Tour, we looked at 2 homes right down the road from each other to…See More
Thursday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service