General Forum (1,062)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Maryland State Energy Sector Partnership Grant

Led by the Maryland Governor’s Workforce Investment Board (GWIB), the US Department of Labor has awarded $5.8 million to the State to prepa…

Started by Everblue Training

0 Dec 9, 2010

First Issue of Newsletter from Canadian Centre for Housing Technology

Here's an email from Marianne Armstrong of CCHT. I was in touch with her regarding her recent study on the use of gas fireplaces as a prima…

Started by Steve Waclo

0 Dec 8, 2010

Backdrafting Fireplaces and Wood Stoves

BPI does not consider fireplaces or wood stoves to be combustion appliances.  Yet they produce CO and can backdraft fumes into a house. …

Started by Adam Zielinski

3 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Adam Zielinski

DOE Webinars: Workforce Guidelines for Home Energy Upgrades

Hello All:   Trust everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!   I promise this will be my last post of a DOE/EERE e-release, since I strongly s…

Started by Steve Waclo

0 Dec 1, 2010

EcoSmart Fireplaces...are they really a smart choice?

What is your experience and/or thoughts on the EcoSmart fireboxes/fireplaces that are burning denatured ethanol? Are they any better or wor…

Started by Chris Laumer-Giddens

0 Nov 30, 2010

CAZ Depressurization limits for Oil Burners

Unless I have this wrong, the BPI CAZ depressurization limits and draft calculations are for gas boilers and furnaces.  Up here in New Engl…

Started by Paul Raymer

2 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by Paul Raymer

Energy Loss analysis vs Energy auditing

The task make a home more energy efficient; You could do a comphrehensive test in, fix the problems / do test out with expected results par…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

1 Nov 26, 2010
Reply by A. Tamasin Sterner

What is the R Value of a 2x6 dense packed cellulose wall?

I am reviewing the requirements of the new Maine Uniform Building and Energy Code that goes into effect 12/1/2010.  The required R value fo…

Started by Al Maloney

2 Nov 26, 2010
Reply by Al Maloney

EPA Seeks Public Comment on Draft Environmental Protocols for Home Energy Upgrades

This got buried in a Blog, and I've not quite figured out the difference, so here it is again:     Hello All: With so many HEP participants…

Started by Steve Waclo

0 Nov 24, 2010

Windows: Different Summer and Winter U values?

Anyone ever hear of a window, or unit of insulated glass, as having different winter and summer U values?    This wasn't on an NFRC sticker…

Started by Adam Zielinski

4 Nov 24, 2010
Reply by Adam Zielinski

RSS

Forum Discussions

Latest Activity

Linda Wigington liked Linda Wigington's discussion Weigh in - Honorable Mention? 2nd Base? Half-Way There? 50% Better? On the Path?
24 minutes ago
Profile IconAna Hoffman and Steve Hauger joined Home Energy Pros Forum
6 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan posted a blog post
7 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski posted a discussion
11 hours ago
Pearl Certification posted a blog post
yesterday
Amber Vignieri posted a blog post

New Video Explains the Super Stars of Energy Efficiency: Air Sealing and Insulation

Air sealing and insulation are the celebrities of the high-performance home world (high-performance…See More
yesterday
Brett Little posted an event
Thumbnail

The Smart Enclosure System: Building in the Anthropocene - Free CE Webinar at Webinar Online

January 23, 2019 from 12pm to 1:15pm
The Smart Enclosure System offers a 21st-century guide to advanced high-performance building…See More
yesterday
Franco Oyuela replied to Matthew Greenawalt's discussion Proper means of insulating raised floor above concrete
"Proper insulation methods. Blanket: Batt and Roll InsulationFiberglass Batt Insulation…"
yesterday

© 2019   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service