General Forum (1,020)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lead Base Paint

Comment by Ed Mahoney 5 hours ago Delete Comment   Does anyone know what EPA means by "Demolition".....  I am having a hard time with. If…

Started by Ed Mahoney

2 Dec 18, 2010
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

Storage of Solar Hot Air

Is there a simple, effective way to store heat from a hot air collector for 12-36 hours? I live in Montana in a 30-year-old, passive/active…

Started by George Mattson

0 Dec 17, 2010

Estimating E savings from air sealing in huge leaky house

I'm asked to estimate the heating energy savings from air sealing a 10,000 sf house built in 1900. The former mansion has 6 undampered chim…

Started by George M. Matthews

5 Dec 17, 2010
Reply by David Parker

Duct testing accuracy

I wrote a new blog about testing the accuracy of duct testers and gauges.  Is anyone out there running these tests?   http://homeenergypros…

Started by Silvie Votrubova

0 Dec 16, 2010

What's Wrong with the Home-Energy Audit Industry?

Here's an article sent by my friend Ron Clark of Energywise that deserves a read by everyone in the business. I especially encourage some t…

Started by Steve Waclo

19 Dec 13, 2010
Reply by Dennis McCarthy

Being an LED lighting Zealot, like being a Beatles fan in 1964

Sometimes you can tell someone or somethings going to breakthrough, because of the quality and talent & potential. That describes the B…

Started by Dennis McCarthy

0 Dec 10, 2010

Colorado State Energy Sector Partnership Grant

Led by the Colorado Department of Labor, the US Department of Labor has awarded $6 million to the State to prepare Colorado workers for eme…

Started by Everblue Training

0 Dec 9, 2010

Maryland State Energy Sector Partnership Grant

Led by the Maryland Governor’s Workforce Investment Board (GWIB), the US Department of Labor has awarded $5.8 million to the State to prepa…

Started by Everblue Training

0 Dec 9, 2010

First Issue of Newsletter from Canadian Centre for Housing Technology

Here's an email from Marianne Armstrong of CCHT. I was in touch with her regarding her recent study on the use of gas fireplaces as a prima…

Started by Steve Waclo

0 Dec 8, 2010

Backdrafting Fireplaces and Wood Stoves

BPI does not consider fireplaces or wood stoves to be combustion appliances.  Yet they produce CO and can backdraft fumes into a house. …

Started by Adam Zielinski

3 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Adam Zielinski

RSS

Latest Activity

Summer Reyes's blog post was featured

Equipment We Use: Detecting Water With Infrared Cameras

You know water is somewhere on the property, you can smell the mildew, but can't determine the…See More
19 hours ago
Profile IconGlenn Hourahan and Joseph Frasier joined Home Energy Pros Forum
19 hours ago
Alfredo Baccari added a discussion to the group Job Board
Thumbnail

HERS or/and BPI Energy Inspector in SF Bay Area (SAN JOSE, CA).

ELEM3NTS is a leading energy efficient consulting company specializing in residential homes. We…See More
20 hours ago
Alfredo Baccari joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Job Board

This group is for posting jobs related to all aspects of the home performance industry including…See More
21 hours ago
David Byrnes's blog post was featured

Strategies for Hiring and Interviewing for Home Performance Professionals

Hire slow and fire fast.  It’s a phrase that experienced managers and human resources professionals…See More
yesterday
Dara Bowser replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"Good to hear you have clean dryer ducts Don. The dryer duct issues that we run into are…"
yesterday
Don Fugler replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"David, If the IMC mandates metal dryer duct and prohibits metal screws, they must be accepting…"
yesterday
David Butler replied to Don Fugler's discussion joining ducts in the group HVAC
"I never checked that before. Checking now... Section M1502.4.2 of the International Residential…"
yesterday

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by Home Performance Coalition (HPC)   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service