Time: August 31, 2015 to September 4, 2015
Location: The School for Energy Efficiency
Street: 145 Railroad Hill St.
City/Town: Waterbury, CT
Website or Map: http://tsfee.com/register.php…
Event Type: bpi, certifications, training
Organized By: Mark
Latest Activity: Jul 6, 2015
Length: 5 days. Written and Field tests are held the following week and are scheduled during class.
Description: This is a very intensive 5 day class including all the training necessary to challenge both the BPI Building Analyst and BPI Building Envelope professional certifications. Class is a combination of classroom, field work and homework. Students should expect to spend several hours each night in study.
Prerequisite: Because of the intense nature of this class it is limited to students with solid background in the home performance trade or other similar experience. In light of the concentrated nature of the curriculum, students must be pre-screened prior to registration. Class size is limited to 6 to provide individual attention.
Contact Mark Schappert firstname.lastname@example.org 203-759-3800 Ext. 5054 to learn more about pre-screening.
Upon completion of this course, the student will have a working understanding of:
• Principles of Energy and Building Science
• The Energy Audit Process
• Building Shell and Thermal Envelope
• Airflow Basics
• Moisture Management
• Air Quality
• Combustion Safety and CO Monitoring
• Building Systems: HVAC, Lighting, Appliances, and DHW
• Diagnosing Common Building Problems
• Blower Door Testing
• Combustion Testing and Safety
• Health and Safety
• Moisture Diagnostics
• Treating the Thermal Envelope
• Insulation Techniques and Installation Standards
• Air Sealing Installation Standards
• Exterior Pressure Boundary
• Advanced Pressure Diagnostics
• Forced Air Distribution System Overview
To register: Contact Kate Lennon at or call toll free 1-866-521-4272
To review our calendar of upcoming classes, CALENDAR at www.tsfee.com
Call Mark Schappert 203-419-5054 for more information.