Includes Everything You Need!
√ Online Course Tuition
√ Course Study Guide
√ Practice Exam Questions
√ RESNET Exam Fee
√ CEQ Provider Certification Fee for One Year
Begin the online course immediately and take up to 30 days to complete. When finished, Home Energy Team Institute will help you find an approved proctor in your area to administer the RESNET EnergySmart Contractors Exam and provide your certification.
Topics Covered Include:
• Basics of heat transfer concepts and air distribution leakage
• The energy consequences of common construction practices
• Basic Combustion Appliance concerns
• Basics of envelope and duct leakage, air sealing and insulation
• Understanding of thermal boundaries
• The House as a System - Basics of measure interaction, expected life and bundling for optimal performance
• RESNET retrofit work scope requirements and recommendations
Benefits of the Course
At the end of the course, students will be ready for the RESNET Qualified Contractors Exam and be qualified to include optimal home performance measures in their existing contracting business
The course is all on line and includes a study guide and practice exam questions. For added enrichment, purchase a copy of the textbook, Residential Energy by Krigger and Dorsi below in our Books & Guides section.
Who Should Take This Course?
• Contractors who perform services related to any of the following: HVAC, insulation, air sealing, remodeling, windows and doors, siding, plumbing, handyman, solar, IAQ, roofing, home automation
• Homebuilders who want to work with Raters to build EnergyStar Homes
None; some knowledge of residential construction practices is beneficial
Our introductory EnergySmart Contractor package is only $349 and includes:
• the complete 8-hour e-Learning module
• the RESNET EnergySmart Contractor Exam fee
• the annual CEQ* Provider Certification fee for the first year
*RESNET Accredited Contractor Education & Quality Provider
The RESNET Qualified EnergySmart Contractor designation is a company credential. We highly recommend that contractors also have at least one individual become certified as a RESNET Home Energy Survey Professional (HESP) who can perform walk-through assessments of general energy performance problems and make basic recommendations for home improvements or further analysis. Our 16-hour HESP e-Learning module including the RESNET HESP Exam and the annual Provider Certification Fee is normally $599. If you purchase two courses, exams and certifications together, you’ll get a discounted price of $799. That’s a $149 off the regular price!
RESNET Membership and Promotional Directory Listing
The EnergySmart Contractors course qualifies you to get a RESNET membership and join their directory. For more information contact RESNET at 1-800-785-7057 to join
Home Energy Team Institute Success Guarantee
If you fail to pass your certification exam(s) for any reason, you can retake our course curriculum* at no additional charge until you achieve a passing grade.
Questions or Concerns: Please call us at 1-800-518-1877