Duct design/sizing is now required by code (2009/2012 IECC) along with load calculations and equipment selection. This course will get your prepared to meet code requirements and much more!
Day 1 – Fundamentals & New Construction
- Duct design and Manual-D fundamentals
- The process, design variables, design considerations, long-hand practice example
- New construction duct sizing process, variables, and considerations
- Equipment selection considerations, code requirements and limitations, zoning considerations, return-side strategies, reducing system noise, duct material selection implications, how filter selection affects duct design/sizing, outdoor-air ventilation strategies and ductwork
- Use of Wrightsoft software to design duct systems:
- Inputting equipment, utilizing the drawing board tools, setting up duct libraries, dealing with zoning, printing reports, and more. Wrightsoft software training is specifically focused on duct design and sizing. It is suggested that student have some level of familiarity with Wrightsoft prior to attending the class.
Day 2 – Existing Homes
- Existing home retrofit duct retrofitting strategies, variables, and sales techniques
- How to assess duct sizing issues on existing homes, strategies for upselling duct system retrofits with system change-outs, quantifying the system improvements to “prove-it” to the customer.
- Airflow balancing and measurement tools and techniques for selling duct retrofit projects.
Use this course to become a duct design expert. And if you need to learn the fundamentals and software for load calculations and equipment selection take our online course described below or come to Load Calculations & Beyond! in Dallas.